How to wake up screen and stay on the last screen that I was reading?

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Q1. If I did not touch the phone screen for some time, it will become black (sleep). How do I wake the screen up (make screen light up) and stay on the same screen? I can press the home key to make the screen wake up (light up), but that may cause the screen that I was last working on disappear and bring me to the home screen.

Q2. Sometimes I am looking at the screen documents for some time and not touching it and the screen goes to sleep (black screen). How can I let the screen be lighted up instead off going to sleep (black screen)? I already on the smart stay function of my Samsung S4, it does not really work to detect that I am looking at the screen to prevent it go to sleep.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try RedEye Stay Awake.

Another way would be to go to Settings>Developer Options, and check "Stay Awake"--but this only keeps the screen on if you're plugged in. If you don't see Developer Options, then go to Settings>About Phone​, and tap Build Number 7 times.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
As far as staying on the screen you were previously on when waking the phone, wake the phone up by tapping the power button instead of the home button.

For keeping the phone awake longer, you can set the timeout to up to 30 minutes by going to Settings -> Display -> Sleep.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you want to spend a little time learning, and have $3 to spend, you can use Tasker to change the screen timeout depending on which app is in the foreground. When I'm reading Flipboard or some blogs, my screen stays on for 10 minutes, so I can sit and think about an article without the screen going black. But when those apps exit, the screen reverts to a 15 second timeout to conserve battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith