Need help with Android fonts and the Play Store.

SydL

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking for Flipfonts to personalize my S5 but there is a lack of direct fonts on the Play Store. There are fonts available by Monotype Imaging that work on my device but the selection is limited and I've purchased a few only to find that the scale is not what I expected. This is due to their lack of images displaying how the fonts will actually look on your homescreen (they just display the script on a coloured background).

These fonts also have just one version in the package, not their light, ultralight or bold versions, which is strange since it's a paid app.

I've been looking around for a way to get the Roboto Light font and I've done a lot of digging around and it seems like the only way to be able to install a font is to root or to download suspect apps with suspect permissions, ultimately requiring you to install some APK off the net – this is not an option for me. Is this really the only way to download fonts on an unrooted stock Android?

I don't mind paid apps/fonts at all, but downloading from unknown sources is not something I am comfortable doing. I'd love to know if there is any other way or resource I can use safely to install fonts on my device or is this another root-only privilege and am I out of luck?

Thanks for reading and I really hope this is the right place to ask this!

FontsFree

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I would suggest that you try some of the free font apps in the Play Store. There are many packs that contain 50 fonts a piece in them. It would be hard to not find something that you love. Also, don't forget to tweak your "Font Scale" in your settings to get the desired size for each font. Not all fonts were designed to be used on mobile devices and most of the time you will need to make it fit your screen. Good Luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463