Why is the wifi on my Note 3 greyed out and not scanning?

Roman1

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: note 3 sm n9005 wifi grey out and cannot scan

Try to restart the router, check the settings (encryption should be used WEP, WPA / WPA2-PSK). And disable the firewall.

taicman

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

i don;t think the router
it does not pickup any listing of surrounding wifi
thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Make sure wifi is on. (If it's not picking up any signals, there's about a 0.01% chance of its being your router, unless your nearest neighbor is more than 1/4 mile away.) Thrn the phone off. Not restart, power off. Remove the battery. Let it sit for about 5 minutes. (That's to reset the hardware, in case there's any residual power left after you turn it off.) Replace the battery, turn it on and try turning the wifi on again.

If that doesn't do it, bring it to your carrier's store for help (and possible replacement - there's a year warranty on it).

It sounds to me as if the wifi radio went south. (That's one problem I've never seen with a Note 3, but it can happen - even as soon as a day or so after you get it.)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

If the shop is good, they'll figure it out. If not, they'll just replace the motherboard.

taicman

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

they cannot fix it
has to replace motherboard
problem they open it and i still have warranty
i think once open it
i lose the warranty
i do not how much the motherboard
thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

If the shop is an authorized shop, you still have the warranty.

If it's still under warranty it doesn't cost you anything.

taicman

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

now the bluetooth is not working
wifi and bluetooth next each other
if out of warranty, are they going to fix and charge

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

If they opened the phone, the warranty - from them - for anything that broke after that started at the time they first opened the phone. They can't break things, then tell you to pay them because the original factory warranty is gone. That's fraud, at the very best.

Vivek Sharma16

May 26, 2016
Visit site

i had that same prob. i have note 3 n9005 and i update from sammobile and then no wifi

but i solve this probl if u face still then write me i will give u tips

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

There are several unanswered appeals for help so it may be better to look in the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 forum, where there are several wifi-related threads which may help.

jamisan

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

OK, so I had the WiFi greyed out issue and the Bluetooth greyed out issue. I've had this problem over the years with rooted and stock phones. My phone is usually an unlocked Sprint type running Android 5~ whatever food item that is. Sometimes it happens when I just installed some app or an update just happened. Other times not. So I've tried the airplane mode and that has worked sometimes. I did the cache clear which helped sometimes. Same goes for the tether and a bunch of other settings and the battery removal. Many times I could actually see the slide button turn green but it usually rolled back to grey. Eventually something worked but this last time, nothing worked. I saw some site that was talking about safe-mode and turning off processes which gave me an idea. So I went to Settings / General / Applications Manager and swiped over to Running. The I methodically pressed every Stop button for every process and sub-process I found. Since I'm not very deep with Android not surprisingly some processes restarted and maybe I didn't have to stop each individual sub-process but hey, sue me. It took about 5 minutes to Stop everything at least once. After that, I rebooted. Everything worked. Why didn't removing the battery and then doing a cache clear fix the accomplish the same thing? Dunno. Having been a programmer for decades my SWAG would be that some Android process left a little bit of flotsam and jetsam in some OOB memory frag somewhere that was getting checked by some other Android process and causing the hang. And mebbe just to make thing interesting only some other Android process was able to clear it properly, probably the original bad housekeeper process or the checker process but not necessarily either. You know how OS versions can be. That's my 2 pence. Have a good one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair