Nexus 4 stuck at loading screen

Kendo12

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi there, I know people had this issue after the 4.4 OTA update last November but I have it now :(

I did drop it a short distance this morning onto a carpeted floor, it seemed to work fine till I turned wifi on, it would just turn off again, without displaying networks. I rebooted and ran into the endless loading screen issue.

After reading about people having these issues because of connecting components incorrectly after repairs, I wonder if its hardware related.

I reset cache(had those cache errors) and factory reset before I thought of this though :'(

That didnt work, still loading endlessly. I read about recovery software(wugfresh?) to try and flash a stock image. My phone doesnt connect via usb though, I used to turn that on manually when I needed(hope that didnt turn out to be a huge mistake now).

So, is my device soft bricked? Im thinking of trying the wugfresh app to flash a stock image, seems to be my best option.

Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated, thanks O:)

EDIT: I cant use wugfresh root kit since its not connecting VIA USB :(

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi there, I know people had this issue after the 4.4 OTA update last November but I have it now :(

I did drop it a short distance this morning onto a carpeted floor, it seemed to work fine till I turned wifi on, it would just turn off again, without displaying networks. I rebooted and ran into the endless loading screen issue.

After reading about people having these issues because of connecting components incorrectly after repairs, I wonder if its hardware related.

I reset cache(had those cache errors) and factory reset before I thought of this though :'(

That didnt work, still loading endlessly. I read about recovery software(wugfresh?) to try and flash a stock image. My phone doesnt connect via usb though, I used to turn that on manually when I needed(hope that didnt turn out to be a huge mistake now).

So, is my device soft bricked? Im thinking of trying the wugfresh app to flash a stock image, seems to be my best option.

Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated, thanks O:)

EDIT: I cant use wugfresh root kit since its not connecting VIA USB :(

If you can access Fastboot then the device can be restored through a computer by manually flashing the factory image. Make sure you have adb installed and the most current 4.4.4 image from Google.

Let us know how it goes.

Kendo12

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
If you can access Fastboot then the device can be restored through a computer by manually flashing the factory image. Make sure you have adb installed and the most current 4.4.4 image from Google.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks, I looked in to this. For adb to work I need to install the google USB drivers to connect to my phone.

Looking at android developer site (/tools/extras/oem-usb.html#Win7), I cant seem to install the driver I need since my phone shows up as unknown device.

In fastboot I used 'fastboot devices' and nothing shows up. So I guess I would need to get the USB driver working first?

edit: this could be because debugging mode is not enabled. Any way to check/enable it in this case?

edit 2: got it to show up, had to be in bootloader mode

edit 3: seemed to be going well until I tried to unlock the bootloader.
I used 'fastboot oem unlock' and confirmed on my phone but when I ran the flash-all.bat, it failed to load the img and my phone went back to locked state. Unlocked it again and rebooted only to see its locked again. Seems like the unlock is not sticking.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy