Why is my Gmail app showing intermediate incomlpete messages?

DaveBD

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Gmail app showing "intermediate incomlpete" messages

Hi there,
I will try to explain my problem as clearly as I can, but if it gets confusing do let me know...
Example:
1/ I send an email (Gmail) using Apple Mail on my Mac
2/ Someone answers that email
3/ My Gmail app on my Android phone alerts me of this new email, and when I go to see that new email, I can see the thread with my original email and the reply email. But I also have a button in between those 2 emails with a number in it (for example: 4). When I tap on it, it shows an extra 4 emails, from me, identical to the one that I have actually sent, but incomplete. The first one on the list will only have the first 2 sentences of my complete email, the second will show an extra sentence, and so on.
How do I stop these incomplete messages from showing? I have been looking for an answer online for a while now but haven't been able to find any solution. Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Gmail app showing "intermediate incomlpete" messages

It sounds like Apple Mail is possibly saving multiple "drafts" of your message as you go, and the Gmail app is picking those up as related messages. I would look at the Apple Mail settings to see if there is a way to limit the way it saves draft e-mails.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci