Why does my screen timeout on my Xperia Z2?

Deitzanova

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Screen timeout on Xperia Z2

I'm a newbie to Android. Tried searching the forums didn't find the required solution. When I'm on a call the screen automatically times out and I need to unlock the phone and then press disconnect to end the call. Sometimes, i just don't bother to disconnect thinking the other party will disconnect. Can anybody tell me how to keep the screen from timing out on it's own while I'm on a call so that after the call I don't forget to disconnect it? I tried searching in the settings but there is only an option of screen time out in general. Is there an option specifically for calls?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Screen timeout on Xperia Z2

The proximity detector turns the screen off so that you don't "cheek dial". When you take the phone away from your face, the screen should come back in a second or two. If it doesn't, it's covered under warranty.

Deitzanova

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site

No. What i meant by screen timeout is the device locks itself midway when I am on a call. So is there a way to delay this lock for calls only?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Locks as in the lock screen comes on, or locks as in the screen goes black? If the lockscreen comes on during a call, I'd bring the phone to the carrier and ask for a fix or refurb.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

If I've been on a call for a while without accessing anything else on the phone, and then if I end the call, the lockscreen will come up. Does it matter if you adjust the "Automatically Lock" setting in Settings>Security?

Deitzanova

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site

If I've been on a call for a while without accessing anything else on the phone, and then if I end the call, the lockscreen will come up. Does it matter if you adjust the "Automatically Lock" setting in Settings>Security?

Yep. That's what. I changed the Automatically Lock and it serves the purpose!! Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7