What is the best comprehensive backup solution for Note 4?

srechatt

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Looking for the most comprehensive backup solution for Note 4

I'm probably going to get a replacement for my defective Note 4 (another Note 4) and I am looking for the most comprehensive backup solution that will come closest to putting my new phone in the same condition as my existing phone. I already know that the Samsung solution is very hit or miss on what it restores so has anybody used anything that gets close to reinstalling everything as close as possible to the existing conditions of my phone including settings, apps, etc. Thanks

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Looking for the most comprehensive backup solution for Note 4

I'm probably going to get a replacement for my defective Note 4 (another Note 4) and I am looking for the most comprehensive backup solution that will come closest to putting my new phone in the same condition as my existing phone. I already know that the Samsung solution is very hit or miss on what it restores so has anybody used anything that gets close to reinstalling everything as close as possible to the existing conditions of my phone including settings, apps, etc. Thanks

Try using Samsung' solution as well as others, such as Helium, which can backup apps+data. There are also other apps to backup texts and calls.

Let us know how it goes.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Looking for the most comprehensive backup solution for Note 4

I have all my contacts on Google, so no problem there. I use App Backup & Restore for apps, Helium for data and SMS Backup & Restore for texts.

If you want to be adventurous, you could flash a custom recovery, do a complete backup, then flash the stock recovery back. then go the other way with the new phone. (I run Safestrap with my Note 3, and always keep a current ROM backup, as well as all the others.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance