Nervous about switching from iPhone

Were you glad you switched to android and Verizon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

owenrg

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I saw some of the other posts on switching from iPhone back to Verizon but i have a few other questions.

1. If my mom has Verizon and i have ATT can we just kinda swap contracts? (i keep my phone number and move to Verizon and she keeps her number when she goes to ATT)

2. What are the better android phones out there now? i know the X is good but haven't really looked too far into it yet.

3. I really like how my iPhone syncs with my PC. could i just install double twist and import everything and sync it to my android and it would be "all good"? I also like the ipod on the iphone. it's simple but powerful (finally now with playlist edits and all) are there any good media player apps out there for android that compare?

4. I currently pay about 75 for unlimited data and text on ATT (family plan) what would it be on Verizon? (i'm going to look at their site but just curious if anyone has any other suggestions on that one)

I have my iPhone 4 jail broken and am comfortable with using it. i guess i'm nervous that i won't like the android as much. i found that when i go to a store to play with the android phones i can't use the on-screen keyboard as well. it all takes getting use to i'm sure.

Thanks for reading and any comments/feedback would be great.

thecatwasnot

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Well, ok, I can't speak for myself, (came from Verizon & BB Storm) but my dad ended up dropping his iPhone for a Samsung Fascinate after a few months. He had terrible problems with reception, was not at all fond of AT&T, after having been with Verizon for years (like, >10 years.)

He has been loving his new phone, it is a DIFFERENT experience, and as long as you're willing to accept the fact that an Android phone is not an iPhone, you'll be fine. If you are totally in love with your iPhone and how it works, there is a good chance you're gonna be disappointed, not because Android isn't an awesome OS but because you're missing the iPhone way. (That's a personal thing, we can't make a judgement on that part.)

Both his Fascinate and my Incredible are pretty awesome, recommend both. I've pretty quickly adapted to the new keyboard, it's much more sensitive than my Storm, but now I'd never want to go back.

Tips: If you don't like an app, go look for alternatives, there is bound to be one to your liking.

Questions:
1. I seriously doubt it, not with keeping your numbers.
2. I looked at the Droid X, the HTC Incredible and Samsung Fascinate. I think any of them would be good for a former iPhone user. Go to the store, play with the phones, and don't let the sales guys hassle you into something you don't want.
3. I can't help you much with this one, I use Ubuntu for all my personal computers, and haven't done much syncing type stuff, except with gmail etc. I'm sure someone else knows more than me.
4. VZW Unlimited: Did a bit more research, only selectively available, I think I grabbed the link from an add somewhere?

Like I said, we can't decide if it's gonna be a better phone for you, figure out what you like best about your iPhone and then find out if Android has those features as a start. AC has a Getting Started Post that might help you figure out more about Android. I have no doubt I made the right choice for me, good luck to you!

Last edited:

jgodin03

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Do it. Love my Android phones.

For the keyboard, Android allow you to download optional and customisable keyboard (Better keyboard, Swype, Swiftkey). Try some and keep one.

One other cool thing about the Market is that you can get full refund of an app if you dont like it. I think you can do that in the first 2 days...

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Do it. Love my Android phones.

For the keyboard, Android allow you to download optional and customisable keyboard (Better keyboard, Swype, Swiftkey). Try some and keep one.

One other cool thing about the Market is that you can get full refund of an app if you dont like it. I think you can do that in the first 2 days...

Within 24 hours of the purchase, you can get a refund. You can also only do this once per app.

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
What carrier? EVO for Sprint, mytouch4G or Nexus S when its released. The Nexus S is gunna be amazing...

No Verizon because they're a RIP off! Verizon is a bunch of terrorist...

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
What are the better android phones out there now? i know the X is good but haven't really looked too far into it yet.
As with any of the "Which one should I get?" threads, it really depends on your needs/wants. Read up on the features and specs and check them out in person to assess your preference for the physical characteristics.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy