Why is the Droid Command Center invisible now?

omega13lives

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Droid Command Center is invisible now.

I have a Droid Maxx and tried rebooting, tried clearing its cache and Force Stop, Disable/Reenable, reboot but it's still invisible. I can't add it again because it's running. How to fix this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Droid Command Center is invisible now.

The Command Center is a widget, isn't it? Are you sure you just didn't mistakenly remove the widget from the homescreen? What happens if you long press an empty area of the homescreen, select the option to add a widget, then add the Command Center back to the homescreen?

omega13lives

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site

When I try to long press (in the blank space), it brings up the wallpaper options. When I try to add the widget, it says it is already running, or can't add 2. If I go into Apps I can see it is running, just not visible.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Does a reboot help? If not, you may have to go to Settings>Apps>All, select the Launcher (it might also be called Home or Homescreen), and Clear Data. This will wipe the homescreens, so you'll need to set them up again.

omega13lives

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site

No, Reboot did not help. I have seen someone else mention that Clear Data fix and hoped I wouldn't have to. If I can't figure out something else, I guess I will.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

It doesn't take too long to set up your homescreens again. Just make a note of how they're set up now, which will make it easier to set them up again.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01