My camera app is on the homescreen but it is not working, why?

Angry Redhead

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Camera app on homescreen there but not working

I downloaded the camera app on my home screen and it is there and when I slide to the 2nd home screen it is there also in the same exact spot and it doesn't connect with the camera. I can't remove it so I downloaded it again and that one works; however, I am stuck with this camera app on both home screens that is nonfunctional. How do I remove it?? This is a Droid turbo and my first phone with all the bells and whistles and boy what a learning curve....but what fun I am having.....

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Camera app on homescreen there but not working

Welcome to Android Central! When you say you downloaded the Camera app on your homescreen, I think you mean you placed a shortcut to the Camera app on the homescreen, right? It's like Windows, where you can place a shortcut to a program on your desktop, but that shortcut isn't the actual program--if you delete the shortcut, the program is still installed.

Where is the Camera shortcut on your homescreen? Is it in the Favorites Tray--the bottom row that is separated from the rest of the homescreen, which doesn't change as you swipe between different homescreens? You should still be able to remove that shortcut from the Favorites Tray--just press and hold it until you can move it, and then drag it to the Remove area at the top of the screen. Then open your App Drawer (the icon in the Favorites Tray that is a grid of dots), locate Camera, press and hold until you can move it, and then drag it back to the location in the Favorites Tray.

Hopefully this guide will be helpful for you: http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/399060-guide-getting-started-android-2014-a.html

Angry Redhead

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site

I have tried the press/hold/remove and remove doesn't come up and there is actually 2 cameras there within a circle. It is like frozen there. I have gone through the guide and couldn't find anything on it. I think I'm going to have to go to the store. It's like it's there but it's not there! It is on the 2nd row of my home screen.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

If you don't mind setting up your homescreens again, you can go to Settings>Apps>All, select the homescreen launcher (it might be called something like Launcher, Home, or Homescreen), and tap Clear Data. This will wipe your homescreens clean. You can then start placing your shortcuts and widgets again, as if the phone were new.