Why isn't my Sportscenter App opening inbox links?

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Sportscenter App won't open inbox links

I have a Galaxy S4 and I downloaded the ESPN sportscenter app a few days ago. When I try to open many (though not all) of the stories listed in my inbox in the app, it prompts me to select an app to "complete action using". None of these apps is a browser and the stories that do work open within the SC app itself, not a third party app. The apps I'm prompted to select from are things like facebook, messaging, twitter, linkedin, etc. Any thoughts on why this would be occurring and where to go to fix it. I tried clearing the cache and defaults for the app with no luck.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sportscenter App won't open inbox links

The "stories" may be tweets, Facebook posts, etc. Or (I should say and/or) whoever wrote the app may not win "World's Greatest App Developer" this year. (I won't go further than that, but some apps seem to be "written" by people who aren't old enough to start going to school yet. Anyone can learn to code a program, writing it [and that's done in English] is the difficult part. You write it first, making sure you didn't mess anything up, THEN you code it. Some of these apps were coded without ever having been written.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34