Can anyone help me with some Galaxy S4 Software problems?

Alex Mclane

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S4 Software Problems

I have the Galaxy S4 LTE Warp A
And I am having a lot of problems with it.
So many problems in fact I might never buy another Samsung Phone because of my experience with this S4.
Problem #1
Charging. Sometimes I plug in my device to an outlet and it will show a lightning bolt that the connection works and is charging. But the lightning bolt is lying. Because I come back an hour later and the battery haven't increased in percentage charged. I have to charge my phone on a daily basis because of weak batteries anyway. It makes the situation even worse when I'm trying to charge my phone and it only works half the time because of a bad micro SD input dock. The problem also occurs when I try to plug into my extra battery so it definitely seems like a micro SD docking problem for Samsung products because I've bought replacement cords that work on other electronics.
Problem #2
There are 2 large beeps that randomly turn on my phone when I'm using it. I have to switch my phone to silent mode to have the 2 beeps stop repeating beeping all day long. Sometimes this occurs several times a day. Probably every 4th time I use my phone.
Problem #3
I have a "Failed to Register Network" popup box that is always coming on when I am using WIFI. There is no option to stop the notification. Sometimes it pops up 3 times in a row and I'm unable to do anything else but click the "OK" button when it comes on.
Problem #4
Sometimes my Samsung music player will randomly stop playing music. I turn on the lock screen and the music to continue playing again. Sometimes I just have to wait ten minutes and then the music will randomly play again. But even when I go back into the Music Player app and press the pause and play button again it won't play sound but it will run the music.
Problem #5
Silent mode
I can't seem to keep my phone on silent. It will always go back to ringing mode. Apple phones are smart because there is an outside button you can switch to keep your phone on silent. Samsung does not have that so I never remember or realize that I'm in silent mode or not.

I rebooted my phone to see if some of these problems would stop but they continue to this day. Why?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 Software Problems

Welcome to Android Central! Yikes. Is this phone brand new? Have you tried Safe Mode, which prevents all 3rd party apps from starting up? Restart the Device in Safe Mode Samsung Galaxy S 4 | Verizon Wireless

If I were you, I'd probably just bring it back and ask for a replacement. If you can't bring it back to the store, and you don't want to request a repair or replacement from Samsung under warranty, then have you considered a factory data reset? If you do it, after you're done with the Setup Wizard, go immediately to the Play Store and stop any apps that might be automatically installing. Start with a completely clean slate, and see if the problems persist.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 Software Problems

Problem #1
Charging. Sometimes I plug in my device to an outlet and it will show a lightning bolt that the connection works and is charging. But the lightning bolt is lying. Because I come back an hour later and the battery haven't increased in percentage charged.
If you almost fully discharge the phone, you won't notice the amount of charge increase in the first hour. It's not linear, where 10% of the charge time gives you 10% of the charge.

I have to charge my phone on a daily basis because of weak batteries anyway.
Samsung buys the same batteries as everyone else, they don't manufacture their own.

it only works half the time because of a bad micro SD input dock.
I've never had that problem with a Samsung phone.

Problem #3
I have a "Failed to Register Network" popup box that is always coming on when I am using WIFI. There is no option to stop the notification. Sometimes it pops up 3 times in a row and I'm unable to do anything else but click the "OK" button when it comes on.
That says that there's a problem with the SIM card or the SIM card dock.

Problem #4
Sometimes my Samsung music player will randomly stop playing music. I turn on the lock screen and the music to continue playing again. Sometimes I just have to wait ten minutes and then the music will randomly play again. But even when I go back into the Music Player app and press the pause and play button again it won't play sound but it will run the music.
So use a different app. You're not limited to using the apps that come with the phone.

Problem #5
Silent mode
I can't seem to keep my phone on silent. It will always go back to ringing mode. Apple phones are smart because there is an outside button you can switch to keep your phone on silent. Samsung does not have that so I never remember or realize that I'm in silent mode or not.
Ringer volume all the way down puts you in vibrate ode. Pulling the notification bar lets you easily toggle between ring/vibrate/silent.

I rebooted my phone to see if some of these problems would stop but they continue to this day. Why?
Some are operator error, some are your expectation that an Android phone will work the same as an iPhone and a couple may be due to a defective phone.

BTW, you reboot your phone any time it's turned off and you turn it on. That doesn't fix many problems. Did you mean "rooted"? Or "reflashed the ROM"?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2