Huawei Honor 6 won't turn on?

oblivion64

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I bought the Huawei Honor 6 about a month ago and it's an excellent phone. About an hour ago it felt seriously hot and I realised it had shut down. Now I can't turn it on, and when I plug in the charger nothing happens. When I connect it to my computer it makes a sound recognising something has been connected but nothing else.

The phone doesn't have a removable back from what I can tell.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried pressing and holding the Power button for at least 15 seconds?

It's possible the battery is defective and failed. Worst case scenario is the motherboard failed You may want to try bringing it back to the store where you bought it and see if they can help you with a replacement. Otherwise, you may have to contact Huawei for warranty repair or replacement.

oblivion64

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your response. I tried turning it on many times, and held it for 10 seconds probably in an effort but then I decided to hold the power button down even longer and it actually turned on. I came back on here to delete this question but just wanted to say thank you for your answer anyway, I appreciate it.

Wazir Khan1

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Even I had to face this problem. My phone was not starting !! not sure why :'(
Then i came to this forum and tried holding Power button for atleast 15 seconds . It worked :)
Yay !! you guys saved me from travelling 10km to service centre on a weekend :)

mary liu1

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. I bought it 3 month ago. It is automatic shutting down without notice. I have to turn on for holding the power button at least 10 seconds. Huawei can fix this problem?

Ravi Carpenter

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. My phone was not starting. After reading your answer and pressing for around 12 seconds, it started.
Thanks for you help.
You'd appreciate that I registered with this site just to thank you.

Bhupendra Negi

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Thx my phone ws also not starting after its battery got dead. I almost lost hope. Thx to Google devta it brought me here. Thx to B Diddy I pressed it for 15 sec and it came bk to life with 1% battery.

KzTech

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
If it vibrates when plugged in computer there's a chance of reviving by flashing the device. If you are willing to do so, I'll gladly help. :)

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
thank you very much. had the same problem this morning when my phone wasnt charging or switching on. i held it for about 12 seconds and it switched on. thanks for this forum

pavan kumar t p

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the solution. I had the same problem. I had bought honor 6 around 15 months ago. It was not working since this morning. now after holding the power button for around 12 seconds, it switched on. I was really worried since i bought online and the mobile is beyond manufacture warranty.

Reyneveld Leon

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
my phone cant on.I already press the power button for 15 sec but no vibrate at all.its happen aftr i shut down my phone.and now i cannot on it. anthing i can do?

Lollypopking7456

Aug 2, 2018
Visit site
I have a Huawei 6A that has seemed to stop working all of a sudden it is my spare phone that I let my brother borrow and when I got it back it won't turn on I plug it in to charge it and all it does is constantly viberate I did a factor reset on it not long ago (today) but my brother says it has been in this state for some time does anyone know what is wrong with it please help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair