S3 won't fully charge?

Sylvieu

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
The port to my year old s3 is a bit messed up and when it's plugged in to charge, although it's loose it usually charges fully. But recently, my phone has refused to charge or it charges but very very very slowly. It's been at 6% for 3 days now, even when I'm charging it. Also 3 days ago, while it was charging overnight, I woke up the next day to read that it was fully charged only to see it go down to 12% as soon as I unplugged it. :(

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC :)
Sounds like you either have a bad battery, a bad charger, or both. If you've had your phone for a long time, it's probably the battery so I'd recommend getting a new one (they're fairly cheap on Amazon/eBay).

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. If it shows full and drops very quickly instantly when unplugged, or doesn't charge at all when plugged in, it's a good chance the battery is bad. Other things could cause similar symptoms, but since you're setting both, I'm inclined to suspect the battery itself.

Sylvieu

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to AC :)
Sounds like you either have a bad battery, a bad charger, or both. If you've had your phone for a long time, it's probably the battery so I'd recommend getting a new one (they're fairly cheap on Amazon/eBay).

Thank you. Haha.

Sylvieu

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Agreed. If it shows full and drops very quickly instantly when unplugged, or doesn't charge at all when plugged in, it's a good chance the battery is bad. Other things could cause similar symptoms, but since you're setting both, I'm inclined to suspect the battery itself.

Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital