On my Samsung Galaxy S2 , why is my IMEI number and ServiceMode empty?

msnygaard

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S2 - No IMEI number and ServiceMode empty

I've followed a lot of threads on this - *#06#* gives me "IMEI" - and noting else - no IMEI number, no NULL no nothing. Everywhere it says "try *#197328640"* and press 6 ......" - but my serviceMode screen is empty. Black screen. Tapping the menu button, choosing "key input", typing "6" or anything else (in case the service menu is just invisible) doesn't get me anywhere.

Background: GFs phone started saying "No service" from one moment to the other. Have tried a factory reset but same result. I really hope someone can give me a lead...

Best regards to everyone...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 - No IMEI number and ServiceMode empty

I wish I had a better answer, but that happened to my S2 once and it was the motherboard that got fried (or at least that's what two service centers said). We tried flashing ROMs, factory resets, nada... Nothing helped. :( Ended up selling the phone for parts and got the Note 2 back then.

For me it was a fall. Suddenly it lost IMEI and phone info. All that worked was WiFi.

msnygaard

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 - No IMEI number and ServiceMode empty

Spookdroid, thanks a lot for your reply. We'll get it to a repairman and see what he thinks. Will post result here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12