Why am I not able to save imagaes on my phone?

AshleyNT

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Problems saving images

While going about my day, finding funny little Disney gift from the land of the internets, a problem occurred. A villain had appeared...

(After long pressing the picture then tapping save image)

That villain took the form of the Choose an Action menu. Devious, I know. The only choices it gave me were, camera, camcorder, voice recorder, and lastly, documents. After trying each path but to no avail, the heroine now admits defeat.

Smaller details:
On Chrome Browser app
Phone is Samsung Galaxy Alpha
I do not get the option to open the photo/gif in gallery or the "always open" option, just a hose that I have listed before.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

colyn1353

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Problems saving images

The way I save images is to tap the image and look for the 3 dots. Tap it and you should have an option to save..

Brian Odeen

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Problems saving images

I get this same problem occasionally.

Android Chrome browser on Samsung S4
90%+ of images save normally by long-tapping on image then selecting "save image", but sometimes it won't give me the save menu and instead present the aforementioned "Camera, Camcorder, Voice Recorder, Documents" choices, none of which do anything useful.
If I copy the URL for the image and try it in a different browser (e.g. firefox), the image saves with no problem.

NOTE: I realized that I had over 2000 files in my Download directory, so I moved them to another location and now the same images that were causing this problem now save normally.

If you are having this problem, try clearing your Download directory on your device and see if that alleviates the problem.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae