Why don't I have root access on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 SGH i497?

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Root was success, but not root access. On Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 SGH i497

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Edition and I haven't been able to root it. I am new to rooting by the way, and have been using Odin 3.0.7. It works, but I have no root access, as Root Checker prompts. I am sure I have the right files. My device is running 4.1.2, and wanted to install custom ROMS on my device. I heard on another thread to reinstall os using one from online, instead of kites, but have no clue how to. If someone can show me a link and how to that may solve my problem. Thanks in advance

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Root was success, but not root access. On Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 SGH i497

Did you install SU? Update the binaries if you did, then check again.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

You root the ROM, so what you're doing is rooting your stock ROM, then overwriting it with another ROM - which is going to be rooted. Just install the ROM you want, forget about rooting a ROM you're not going to have any more.

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site

srkmagnus, I did not install SU (superuser). What does it do? Does't it convert system files into one executable file, so its easier root apps to run them? Rubkat. so i can install a ROM onto my device, like Cyanagen Mod and it will work? Then I can root the ROM that I install? Please elaborate.

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site

Did you install SU? Update the binaries if you did, then check again.

srkmagnus, I did not install SU (superuser). What does it do? Does't it convert system files into one executable file, so its easier root apps to run them?
You root the ROM, so what you're doing is rooting your stock ROM, then overwriting it with another ROM - which is going to be rooted. Just install the ROM you want, forget about rooting a ROM you're not going to have any more.

Rubkat. so i can install a ROM onto my device, like Cyanagen Mod and it will work? Then I can root the ROM that I install? Please elaborate.

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site

Rubkat. so i can install a ROM onto my device, like Cyanagen Mod and it will work? Then I can root the ROM that I install? Please elaborate.

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site

[/I]Did you install SU? Update the binaries if you did, then check again [/I]

I installed SU by clockworkmod, and it said. "SU binary not found." Implying my device isn't rooted.

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site