How can I set up individual notifications for text messages (SMS) that are sent as emails?

BSL00123

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I regularly receive emails from my work in the form of text messages. I have set these email addresses up as contacts in my Gmail contacts that have synched to my phone (S4). I have changed the notification sound for the contact. When I receive a text message from the email address, it uses the default tone and not the tone I specified.

I use the standard Messenger app, and have not installed any other messaging apps. It appears as though text messages sent from an email account do not use the user-defined tones for the contact.

I tried this as myself. I changed my notification sound from the default to a user-defined tone. I sent a text from myself to myself, and the user defined sound worked. However, when I send an email to myself as a text message, it uses the default.

I've searched the forums and have not found a resolution. I welcome any assistance. Thank you!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The address the text is being sent from isn't the sender's address, it's the gateway's address (the server that receives the email and send out a text), so as far as the phone is concerned, all the texts are from the same place. You'd need the gateway to use a different number to send from for each email address it receives.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01