Help find the Perfect Phone for me?

DunXel

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Looking for the perfect phone.

Been on Verizon for years.. Planning on switching to Straight Talk as Verizon Coverage has gone to pure garbage in my area the past year while AT&T is pretty much dominating.

I honestly keep buying phones that are latest & greatest when they come out but after a year or so they become pure nightmare. Battery Life is garbage or Performance is junk.

Want to just buy a phone out right & become full owner of it. No more junk-ware filled phones from the Carriers.

Liking the idea of getting the Nexus 5 or Nexus 6. I am a leery of the 6 as it's soo big.
OnePlus One was on my radar but i know my Company software such as Entrust will hulk at it as a Rooted Un-trusted Phone. :'(

What i am looking for.
Reliability over the years to come. I like to use my phones for nearly 3+ years. I would like to do hand me downs to my wife in 2 years :-X. I don't like them being amazing the first 1.5 years then becoming dog slow for the rest. :mad:

Battery life. Sick of battery life being garbage. :confused:

Thanks,

My past phones:
HTC Thunderbolt, Droid X, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr HD, Droid Razr M.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would buy a Nexus 5 from Play. Then you can just get a SIM card from either Tmobile or AT&T, and just pay them for the service.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
As Golf said I would get the Nexus 5 from Google Play (or a Nexus 6 if you can handle that big of a phone). Even if you buy one out right from the carrier it will still have bloat so you have to get the phone elsewhere (or the "unlocked" version) of a phone to have a fully carrier free experience.

What are your needs with a phone?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well keep in mind that battery life will decrease with time. You should consider a phone with a removable battery if you expect good battery life after 3+ years, as they are easily replaceable. I bought a genuine Samsung Galaxy Note 4 battery for $15.

As for being slow, you might need to do a factory data reset after a year to clean up junk. Otherwise, even my s3 and rezound still runs similar to day one, albeit after a fdr.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Battery life comparison

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418054148050.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1418054148050.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 8

Members online