Android won't unlock, please help!

skatingandgaming

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Okay so I just bought an HTC M7 from someone. When I try to unlock the phone, it says this: "unfortunately, com.android.settings has stopped". I can't do anything with the phone. I have tried a factory reset and the phone still does it. Can anyone help me out here? It'd be greatly appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you know the person who sold you the phone, or was this a Craigslist kind of transaction? Perhaps this problem is why the seller was trying to unload the phone.

How did you do the factory reset--from the Recovery Menu, or were you actually able to get to the Settings>Backup & Reset menu and reset it from there?

skatingandgaming

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you know the person who sold you the phone, or was this a Craigslist kind of transaction? Perhaps this problem is why the seller was trying to unload the phone.

How did you do the factory reset--from the Recovery Menu, or were you actually able to get to the Settings>Backup & Reset menu and reset it from there?

I had to do a hard reset, because the phone won't even unlock. I just get this endless popup that says that. Is there any way to do a fresh install of android from your computer? Sorry I'm a noob, it's my first android phone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze