How do you delete a Gmail messages on an Android LG phone?

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: how do you delete a gmail message on my android lg phone

Select the message an move to the trash can.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

If you're using the GMail app, just swipe left on the message if you're in the inbox list view, or tap the trashcan icon if you're viewing the contents of the e-mail.

Remember, in your settings, you can set the trashcan action to either delete, archive, or ask you what to do every time.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

And don't be surprised if the email re-apppears. The Gmail app seems to have a knack of deleting the email from th phone but not from the server, so you keep getting deleted emails over and over for a while, until they finally delete from the server (or run past the time that the GMail app is set to store them).

Which is why I use Email - delete the email and it stays deleted.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

And don't be surprised if the email re-apppears. The Gmail app seems to have a knack of deleting the email from th phone but not from the server, so you keep getting deleted emails over and over for a while, until they finally delete from the server (or run past the time that the GMail app is set to store them).

Which is why I use Email - delete the email and it stays deleted.

Weird, that's never happened to me. Ever. Sure, it may take some time between the e-mail getting deleted in one device for the others (and the server) to notice, but in a few seconds the e-mail is gone everywhere. And I haven't gotten any undead e-mails back haha

sugitt

May 8, 2012
Visit site

I have droid turbo and when I swipe the message nothing happens

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance