Why won't my ASUS MemoPad K001 boot up?

titaniumpei

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
ASUS MemoPad K001 - Won't Boot up

I am trying to fix a tablet for my parents. It is a ASUS MemoPad 10 from what I can gather.

Model: MSUS MemoPad K001
FCC ID: MSQK001

The issue is that it just will not boot completely up.
It will take a charge fine and I can fully charge it.
All the happens is that it boots to the ASUS Inspiring Innovation screen and the circle just spins and spins. But it never fully boots to the main screen.

I hook it into my laptop and it attempts to load the drivers but the driver installation fails. No matter what state the tablet is in.

I can bring up the boot loader screen by holding the power button and the volume down button.
On the boot loader screen it reads:
Android cardhu-user bootloader ,1.00 e> released by "US_epad-10.6.1.31-20130823" A03.
Key driver not found.. Booting OS

Starting Fastboot USB download protocol

I have three options, which are RCK, Android and Wipe Data.
If I choose RDK, it begins the restore for a couple of seconds and then the screen goes to a dead Android bot and says "Error"
If I choose Android then it goes back to the ASUS splash screen and the circle jjust spins.
If I choose Wipe Data. It goes to Erasing and then restarts the tablet and takes me right back to the ASUS splash screen and the spinning circle and does nothing.

I have searched high and low and am getting no where real fast on the internet.
Any help on how I can just reload the stock Android OS from scratch would be greatly appreciated.

TIA.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: ASUS MemoPad K001 - Won't Boot up

I think there might be an issue with a corrupt partition or an issue with the OS. This is the only resource I was able to find, which is basically to perform a factory reset as you already did:, http://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006239/

I'd suggest contacting customer support for further assistance, or possibly repair/replacement.

titaniumpei

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: ASUS MemoPad K001 - Won't Boot up

I did contact ASUS. IT was as I feared, they think the file system is corrupted. So they want me to send it back to them. A $50 dollar price tag to get it fixed isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Thanks for the help.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49