Why isn't my phone showing the downloaded progress bar?

hussainmb

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
downloader problem

hi my name is hussain im using galaxy note3 and my OS kitkat 4.4.2
i have problem abt my android system downloader once i disable it and thn i anable again but now problem is when i download something so download starts but i cant see in notification bar also cant see the progress of download tht how many percentage downloaded please need help

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: downloader problem

I have sort of the same problem since the 4.4.2 update - I see the download, but I don't see the installation after it downloads. I don't think it's something you did, I think it's something in the Note 3 4.4.2 update.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: downloader problem

Welcome to Android Central! Go to the App Manager, select Download Manager, and Force Stop, then Clear Cache/ClearData. Now try again.

Rukbat, are you saying you don't see the download in the Downloads app? Or the installed app doesn't show up in the App Drawer?

AndoDoug

May 1, 2015
Visit site
In my case on an LG G2 running 4.4.2 kitkat, I never see progress of podcast downloads, just a notification when complete. The weird thing is that i was using ES Downloader and it worked great but now is nowhere to be found - although i didn't delete the program, i did try reinstalling it regardless, but get an error message. Downloaded audio goes to my music folder; no clue about folders in general! Thanks

muiriddin

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
In the apps section of the setting, the Download manager is a system app, you will need to go up to the three dot menu and choose show system apps to see it...

auntieannie2

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
samsung tab S2 9.7: same problem since update to android 7. Tried Muiriddin suggestion in download manager, re-started tablet, same problem. Any other solutions? Would so much like to see the download progress again. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol