How do I get songs from Google play music to show up in my music library?

Andie427

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Google play music

I recently switched from an iphone to the galaxy s5. I love it! I was able to transfer all my itunes music onto my phone. I recently purchased a few songs off google play. I went to make ringtones and I only have the songs I transfered from itunes. If I go to settings ringtones then add, the songs from google play aren't there, and if I go to an app for ringtones they aren't there either. They do show up in my library though. How do I get them to show up so I can make ringtones out of those songs?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Google play music

You'd need to get the actual MP3 files. I'm not sure if you select a song or album for Offline play in the Play Music app that downloads an MP3 or a protected file format, but I'm sure you can download the files on a computer using the Play Music Manager.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google play music

Welcome to Android Central! I agree with SpookDroid--downloading a song directly to the phone using the Google Play Music app is meant for use by the Play Music app only, not for other player apps. Your best bet is to go to your Google Play Music library site on your computer browser and download the songs there. Then copy those files over to your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463