Why does my phone to refuse to connect to my Wi-Fi?

RedManic

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
For some reason, my Wi-Fi started to act up and disconnect itself, connecting me to the 3G network. It is a very strong Wi-Fi, however, as it's authenticating and is about to connect, it doesn't and just goes "Avoided poor internet connection". I would like to know why this is, because other phones in this same house do not have this problem with this same Wi-Fi. My biggest question is how to disable the automatic "Avoiding poor internet connection" thing with the Wi-Fi so I can connect to it again and so I can stop using the awful 3G network.

I use an HTC 4G LTE. It's Android Jellybean. (If this information is any help.)

RedManic

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site

All of these things I am unable to do or I don't have the option for them.

Specifically, go to Settings>Wi-fi, tap Menu, then Advanced, and see if there is an option for "Avoid poor connections." Uncheck it.

I don't have this option.

For some reason, the main Wi-Fi I used, which is the one I'm currently having trouble with, changed to "Out Of Range" even though it's not.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You should still be able to do things like reboot the router or log into its settings. Do you still have the manual for the router? It should be available on the web if you lost it. Check the manual for how to log into the router settings.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to find the manual online, unless it's a more obscure manufacturer.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Rebooting the router often works when just one device isn't connecting to it. I just had to do it to mine today because my phone stopped connecting but the other phone and computers were connecting fine. And it's a Motorola router too, not a generic off brand.