re: a problem with re-booting a zte warp 4g n9510

reble1

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
re: a problem with re-booting a zte warp 4g n9510

I had to dump my ZTE Warp 4g n9510 cell phone back to factory default because a hacker got into it (everything on the phone, games, contacts list and so on is backed up on on a windows cd-disk, before the hacker hit it. I learned that lesson the hard way). On the advice from Boost Mobile I did a "##786# then it asked for a MSL password. The phone is back to the way it was when I got it brand spanking new. I found the instructions for Framaroot at click here for link I followed the instructions and when I click on "Aragorn" or "Gandalf" I get the following error messages bellow.

Aragorn
Failed :-(...try another exploit if available (error #6)

Gandalf
Failed :-(...try another exploit if available (error #5)

What gives? I followed the instructions. What does the error numbers mean? I can't find any reference to error numbers 5 and 6. I can do a screen capture and past if need be. I must be doing something wrong or out of sequence. I could use some help please.

Steve

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: a problem with re-booting a zte warp 4g n9510

Did you do a factory reset, or did you reflash the ROM? If the latter, the ROM you flashed may have had all those exploits patched. (It's an arms race - developers figure out a way to root a device or a version of Android, the manufacturer or carrier patches the exploit, the developers work on a way around the patch, etc., etc.)

If the kernel date is before June 3, 2014, try Towel Root. (That exploit was patched on June 3.) It's an app, so you don't need a computer, and it roots at the Linux level, so the make and model of the phone is kind of irrelevant.

reble1

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site

I am not sure if what Boostmobile told me to do was a reset or a rom reflash. The last auto system software update changed the desktop look, the way the slide button works to answer the phone and added added a portable hotspot line in the settings list that has an on/off button to it. I setup the hotspot and tried to use it and I get the following error message "unable to connect to data network; turning hotspot off. your plan may not have the hotspot service". My plan does have hotspot service. My old phone, a Kyocera Hydro on Boostmobile, same plan had a working hotspot. Anyways I don't know the Kernel date. The info is below.
Kernel version
3.4.0-g0cb98b2-00193-gdf5f739
zte-kernel@zdroid-smt
I got the phone as a Christmas present in 2013, if that helps.

Did you do a factory reset, or did you reflash the ROM? If the latter, the ROM you flashed may have had all those exploits patched. (It's an arms race - developers figure out a way to root a device or a version of Android, the manufacturer or carrier patches the exploit, the developers work on a way around the patch, etc., etc.)

If the kernel date is before June 3, 2014, try Towel Root. (That exploit was patched on June 3.) It's an app, so you don't need a computer, and it roots at the Linux level, so the make and model of the phone is kind of irrelevant.

chisti

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site

hello i had to zte n9510 display always show ''unfortunately,Launcher data has stopped''solution please

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! You might want to create a new thread with your question, since it's not directly related to the original post here. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2