Why isn't my Google Play working?

CausalityPGH

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Google Play not working even after complete reboot...

I followed these steps:

After a Factory Data Reset, Google Play is still not working. I get the same error after I click on it. It tries to load for a while, and then says "Connection Timed Out" with a "Retry" button.

I can open the browser and connect to Google and other websites.

Before I did the system reboot, the Google Play Store app took a bunch of memory. I forget how much, but it seemed like a normal number. I then took away all the updates, and then the whole program was just 32KB. I would run it and it wouldn't update itself to a newer version, just the Connection Timed Out warning.

After I did the reboot, it still is just 32KB and won't connect.

The phone is about 2 years old. LG optimus Elite. Android version 2.3.7. Kernel 2.6.35.11

Thank you to any and all who can offer advice.

- C

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

CausalityPGH

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google Play not working even after complete reboot...

Hi,

It was not rooted. I did clear Google Service Framework (stupid internet. I should know better than to follow every bit of advice I find when searching.)

I will go put that file on the phone.

Thanks!

C

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google Play not working even after complete reboot...

Yeah, clearing the framework is something that Google engineers themselves have warned against in public forums. This is usually in the context of people who are impatient to get their system update. If you continue to encounter problems, you might have to do a full factory reset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad