Why won't my Android receive any texts?

Christina_26

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
My android won't recieve any texts

My Samsung infuse hasn't been able to recieve text messages since 1 in the morning. My friends can recieve my texts however when they reply to me I don't get it, is there a way I can recieve the old texts?

Playzoid

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: My android won't recieve any texts

Are you using the standard text message app that came with your phone or are you using a third-party text messaging app from the market?

Playzoid

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

I hope it has been resolved... but since it was less than 48 hours (Christmas day) that OP posted and not one person offered a reply, I figured it would be helpful to at least offer some assistance (just in case).

m_w_who

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

Hey, maybe you can help me? I'm having the same problem as her, but different phone. LG Optimus Showtime.

Playzoid

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

Third party messaging app or the stock app? Can you send texts and not receive? Any recent apps or updates that have taken place when it started getting messed up?

m_w_who

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

Sorry it took so long to reply. Stock app, can send but not receive. No new apps were downloaded at the time it started messing up.

This isn't the first time this has happened. Seems that the catalyst for me is going somewhere where I have no service (my sister lives in the boonies, and a town 30 minutes south of me I get no reception) and then turning off my phone or it dies on me. This has happened to me about 4 times now, and I'm not totally sure what it is that I do to start getting messages again. But it's been since the evening of the 24th that I haven't gotten any text messages. Thank you in advance, I've looked all over the place and haven't found any help.

Playzoid

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

That is weird! I would start by turning off the phone, take out the battery for a minute, and also take out the SIM card. Reboot the phone and see if that helps anything. I know this sounds dumb, but sometimes just taking the battery out for a minute can help resolve strange issues like this. As a last resort, you could try soft resetting your device to see if that helps fix the glitch.

m_w_who

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

Hmm, I think it might be working now. As is usually the case when this thing happens, I was doing multiple things at once so I'm not totally sure what I did but what I think did it was holding down the power and volume down buttons at the same time. When it restarted I started to get a trickle of messages, not all at once like it usually does. I reset it like that again, and another trickle. After trying to send myself a message they started flowing in. I think it works now. Thank you for your help, sir or madam!

Playzoid

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

Glad to hear you got it working! I've had weird things like that happen on my phone as well. Never quite know what fixes it, so best to try a few things. Take care and happy holidays!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781