Lenovo Tab S8-50 Screen Problems / How to turn off an android device without a working screen?

Mewwy

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
After a day of use, I went to wake my Tab S8 from sleep. Nothing came up, however. The backlight is definitely on and will turn off with a press of the power button, but I can't get it to do anything else. Even the vibration from it acknowledging that the volume has been turned all the way down and into vibration mode is not working. Perhaps shutting it down would help? It had about 50% when this first happened, and I've had it on for the past 7 or so hours, and it still has not died. Help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It may be an app that is causing the system to glitch, or a problem with the firmware itself. You can typically force a power off by pressing and holding the Power button for about 15-20 seconds. Then wait a few seconds, and press and hold Power again to turn it back on.

Mewwy

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I did. After it finally died, it worked just fine after I plugged it in. I wasn't using any form of screen lock so it just would go straight back in to whatever I was using. I haven't had it occur again, and I've been using a password since then just in case that's what was triggering it.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey Mewwy, how do you like your S8-50?
I just got one and been using it all afternoon and part of the night.
Great display and form factor!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey Mewwy, how do you like your S8-50?
I just got one and been using it all afternoon and part of the night.
Great display and form factor!

Glad you like it.
Think I may get one this weekend.

£99 here at a good department store chain with 2 year back up, or online.

Keep my Moto G in my pocket and use my 4gb hotspot allowance on this. Then worry about getting a Note 4 or 5 later.

I read some reviews and it's very decent spec.

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad 14" I like, and now Motorola are Lenovo, lol.

Last edited:

Kelly Tobin

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I'm having a similar issue:
Please help!
My sons S8-80 tab touchscreen has become unresponsive.
I've tried a soft reboot which does nothing.
A hard reboot doesn't get past the Fastboot Starting screen and just switches off.
Don't know what else to try!

Aliuska

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
hola mi tablet lenovo S8 50 LC no encendia. le he quitado la bateria encendio y luego se calento y se volvio a apagar y ahora no enciende ni conectado a la corriente. que hago?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2