Is there a way to reboot to a stock Jelly Bean from KitKat?

Kenny Mcdougal

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
is there a way to reboot to a stock jelly bean from a kit kat

I want the old google navigation (blue arrow) app back . I drive a taxi and I have to keep my eyes on the road . The new Google maps app you have to take your eyes off the road at least 4 to 5 times to start navigation. Its not safe . The old blue arrow was so simple to use tap the speak destination once keeping your eyes on the road and it loads all by itself.
Please help

oneeyecarpenter

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: is there a way to reboot to a stock jelly bean from a kit kat

Hi,

The Google maps app is not part of the operating system. They are installed as a system app,and require regular updates in playstore. If you have an older phone,you might be able to uninstall all updates to take it back to factory version. Find the app under settings,apps,all,then maps. Now you should see a button to uninstall updates. You can do this in playstore as well. Find maps under "my apps" and To uninstall,and yes, back to factory version. Now if you have installed the app after receiving your phone,then you will have to do more homework.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: is there a way to reboot to a stock jelly bean from a kit kat

Or find someone who has an apk backup file of the old version, uninstall Maps on your phone, put the apk file on your phone, find it and press it. It'll install the old version. (Turn off automatic updates in Play Store, or it'll update to the latest version within a few hours.)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01