Why isnt my mobile data working on my android 4.2?

Max Springer

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
ok so ive had an iphone 4 for about 3 years now and just recently my girlfriend bought me an android 4.2. Ive been having alot of problems with it. Firstly my 4g mobile data runs very slow. I cannot download apps or play music using it. apps to stream music like pandora work very slowly. It will play a song for about a minute then freeze for about 5 and play another minute of the song.

Secondly I cannot use my mobile data from inside my house. My dad cannot remember the password to the wifi but my phone keeps trying to connect to the wifi if i go outside the 4g will work but very slowly and i get no interent from inside my house which is unusual.

Thirdly, the battery is chargin very slowly. It charges about 1 percent for every 10 minutes this just started today and im really not sure what to do.

I am very frustrated with this phone im an engineering student and all the tech kids make fun of apple so i was excited to get an android but im really considering getting my money back for this phone and getting a new iphone.

I have at&t

iocean x7 hd

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) Is the iPhone on AT&T? If not, they may just not have any signal where you are. (Don't depend on the maps. They're coloring books for kids, not accurate measurements.) If it is, bring it to AT&T's Device Support Center (if you don't know where yours is, ask at your local store. Don't be surprised if it's in th back of that store and you never noticed it.) Ask if they can figure out why it won't work in your house, where your iPhone has no problem and, if they can't fix it, could hey please replace it. (It should be replaceable with a new unit in the first 15 days, and a refurb - my personal choice because a human being checked that particular unit out before it was shipped - after that for the rest of the 1 year warranty.)

2) The wifi. Do a 30-30-30: First find the manual for the router. If you don't have it, look on line. Almost all router manuals are available as pdf downloads from the manufacturers' sites. (Have your father read this before you do anything, so he'll know that you at least have valid instructions, you're not just "trying things". I was in this business for 40 years before I retired - long before you could just buy a box to connect more than 1 computer to an internet connection. I've done 30-30-30s on more routers than I can count.) Make sure that you find the login procedure for the router. Depending on the make it may need a login and password or only a password.

Now ... press the reset button on the router. Keep it pressed in for 30 seconds (use a timer or the clock on a computer or phone - don't estimate. If it's 35 seconds, it's fine.). Keeping the button pressed in, pull the power plug out of the router. Keep the button pressed in for another 30 seconds. Plug the power back in. Keep the button pressed in for another 30 seconds. Let go of the button.

The router should now be in the state it was when it came out of the box - the login procedure will be what's in the manual. Following the manual, connect to the router, log in, set it up, using whatever password your father wants to use (don't use your name, your dog's name, your house number, the make of router - anything that can identify the router to someone "trying to open doors". WRITE THE LOGIN AND PASSWORD DOWN and tape the paper to the bottom of the router, covering the ink with transparent tape, so it won't wear off or smear if it gets a little damp. (Don't cover any ventilation holes. If there's no blank spot on the bottom, tape it to the side or back.) Anyone getting close enough to read it could just do a 30-30-30 on the router and set his own password, so it's not a security risk.

Now all your desktops, laptops, phones, etc., will have to be reconnected using the new password. Five minutes work altogether (unless you have a dozen devices or so) and you'll be able to connect your phone to wifi. (I guess I should write this procedure up as an Ambassador Guide, so I can just post a link to it. I've typed it too many times.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463