How to export phone icons to pc desktop?

houdinisparks

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I am trying to edit some of my android phone icons via adobe illustrator, but I cant figure out how to export the icons from my phone to the pc desktop. I just need the image file of the icon. I could just save the icon file as an image file, but I do not know how. I am using a Samsung S5. Any ideas on how to go about with this?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
You will have to download an official rom, edit them from inside that rom and update it to your phone.

there is no way to extract LIVE rom icons and edit them simply because it's "in use"

houdinisparks

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply! So do you mean download an official samsung s5 stock rom and then I would be expecting a folder or some file container, and then open it up from my pc, expect the icons to be there, edit them from there then then replace the current existing rom in my phone to this dled rom?

Because if it is, then there would a problem because I am actually trying to edit a custom icon dled from a launcher in my phone, and I dont think the official rom would have that in it. Sorry for not being specific enough!

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I highly doubt custom Icons can be further edited except if you contact the programmer who made it. and even then it is not entirely sure you will be granted rights to edit that.

but the first part is what I meant.