Contacts Storage

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I have a rooted (xtrSense ROM) Droid Eris with a couple hundred contacts (if that) on it. My Contacts Storage, when seen in Manage Applications, is at 6.25MB -- I don't have THAt many contacts or images associated with contacts.

If I Clear Data, will I lose my contacts?

I had this same problem with my Gmail app and cleared data and I was fine, but Emails are ultimately stored on Gmail. Many contacts are exclusively on my phone, so I want to be SURE I won't delete them.

Any thoughts??

Prof-KOS

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I keep my contacts on gmail and Android pulls them from there. I don't have any on my phone's internal storage. Hit Menu and choose export to SD Card. Make a copy of the file on your PC and try clearing. That way you have a backup if it does clear all your contacts.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a rooted (xtrSense ROM) Droid Eris with a couple hundred contacts (if that) on it. My Contacts Storage, when seen in Manage Applications, is at 6.25MB -- I don't have THAt many contacts or images associated with contacts.

If I Clear Data, will I lose my contacts?

I had this same problem with my Gmail app and cleared data and I was fine, but Emails are ultimately stored on Gmail. Many contacts are exclusively on my phone, so I want to be SURE I won't delete them.

Any thoughts??

If you don't have them backed up anywhere, then yes you will lose them. So either do a Google sync or export them to your SD card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay