Best app to sync music

johnc847

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I just switched from the iphone to the captivate. I was wondering what app I should use to sync music. I read that froyo will have wireless music sync, does anyone know what app that will work with? Is it itunes?

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
If you are already "invested" in iTunes, I've heard that DoubleTwist is the way to go. Converts your playlists and copies the music you want sync'ed as specified by iTunes.

Don't hesitate to try-out some of the different media players on the market too; the default is sometimes very minimal (depending on the phone).

-AJ

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
DoubleTwist is def the way to go, good answer aweber1nj.

i usually use doubletwist to sync and Poweramp to play

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering what app I should use to sync music.
Best is always subjective and you need to provide details. There are a number of sync solutions out there. I prefer iTunes Agent as it's light, quick and easy, however it doesn't sync playlists. If you want some meaningful recommendations then definitely include your needs/wants. What are you syncing with? Do you need playlist support? Anything else?

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Best is always subjective and you need to provide details. There are a number of sync solutions out there. I prefer iTunes Agent as it's light, quick and easy, however it doesn't sync playlists. If you want some meaningful recommendations then definitely include your needs/wants. What are you syncing with? Do you need playlist support? Anything else?

I'm in the same boat. Just got my new 32gb card and time to load her up. I don't care about the playlists syncing I just want to move a lot of my iTunes music over to my phone easily. Then, I plan on using the PowerAmp app to listen to it all. Couldn't find iTunes Agent in the Market when I did a search.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I prefer Winamp to doubleTwist, but I have not tried dT in a few months. dT is too much like iTunes for me. Winamp has just about everything I need, including wifi sync, and it's free. It can read and write to your iTunes, I think, but I recommend ditching iTunes altogether. Just impot your iTunes library and then be done with it. Download Google Listen for podcasts and sync your music over wifi. It's all good.

I do use the PowerAmp to listen to music on my Incredible, currently.

I'm in the same boat. Just got my new 32gb card and time to load her up. I don't care about the playlists syncing I just want to move a lot of my iTunes music over to my phone easily. Then, I plan on using the PowerAmp app to listen to it all. Couldn't find iTunes Agent in the Market when I did a search.

If you just want to move a lot of music, you can just drag-and-drop folders of music onto your SDCard. If you want copy over highest rated music, a playlist works well. dT and Winamp can do that. Heck, I wrote a tool than can do that. Winamp has a learning curve, but I have it syncing two playlists and all of my music that is rated 4 or 5 stars. I am currently re-rating about 8500 tracks due to a PC reinstall Measures are in place to make sure ratings are never again lost.