How to open the same app twice?

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I need to open a same app twice, e.g. I want to open 2 maps (or 2 gallery images), so I can use the switch task button (long press home key) to quickly switch between 2 maps (or 2 images).

I am using Samsung S4

One some apps are available in the multi window sidebar (I already pressed the edit button, the app is not inside there). Is there a way to add more apps that are not shown inside multi window sidebar and edit button?

I want display/open 2 same apps e.g. 2 Google maps (or 2 gallery images), so I can view 2 maps at the same time side by side on the screen in 2 multi window.

How to do that? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I need to open a same app twice, e.g. I want to open 2 maps (or 2 gallery images), so I can use the switch task button (long press home key) to quickly switch between 2 maps (or 2 images).

I am using Samsung S4

One some apps are available in the multi window sidebar (I already pressed the edit button, the app is not inside there). Is there a way to add more apps that are not shown inside multi window sidebar and edit button?

I want display/open 2 same apps e.g. 2 Google maps (or 2 gallery images), so I can view 2 maps at the same time side by side on the screen in 2 multi window.

How to do that? Thanks
I'm pretty sure you can't do that. At least, not having the same app open twice, concurrently, displaying different information. Would you could possibly do is take a screen shot of the maps in question, and toggle between the images. Or, have one map as a screen shot and the other open on the actual app (Maps). It's a workaround, but will do what you are trying to accomplish.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital