Keyboard doesn't type anything, how can I fix it?

LtFallclaw

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
I have an Xperia Arc S and it works perfectly fine, however today the keyboard stopped typing, when I push the keys I can feel the vibration and also that slider above the keyboard fills with words that I am typing but nothing appears in the space where I am typing.

Yesterday I did a complete factory reset with SD card data wipe and I reinstalled with Nova Launcher and a few apps, I deleted some of them now, but still the keyboard doesn't work.

What can I do?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have an Xperia Arc S and it works perfectly fine, however today the keyboard stopped typing, when I push the keys I can feel the vibration and also that slider above the keyboard fills with words that I am typing but nothing appears in the space where I am typing.

Yesterday I did a complete factory reset with SD card data wipe and I reinstalled with Nova Launcher and a few apps, I deleted some of them now, but still the keyboard doesn't work.

What can I do?
Did you delete apps that were downloaded? Or delete apps that came pre-installed onto the device when purchased, i.e. /system level apps? If you deleted system apps, then something could have been deleted that affects the keyboard. If not, then I would suggest going into system settings > applications > sort by all > keyboard > clear cache. Let us know if that fixes your problem.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Another option would be to go to Play on your PC, and select a keyboard app like Google (free and small so it will load fast). Once you have it installed, at least you can use the device again.