corrupted update.zip, multiple force close

techdude7

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am currently experiencing several problems. I have a samsung Fascinate. When the phone was working fine I rooted it and all was still fine. I then installed clockworkmod(rom manager). I tried installing several roms by downloading them to to rom manager then selecting the one I want then rebooting the phone. But everytime I tried installing a rom by selecting apply update.zip from sdcard E:signature to verifly whole-file signature, E:signature verification failed, installation aborted. After reading through some of the links in xda developers forums I realized I need Odin. Once I installed Odin it never recognized my fascinate in the ID com column with in Odin. I made sure the phone was mounted by selecting mount from top drop down menu from fascinate. At the same time I notice that in Windows XP it would say USB not recognized although Fascinate would show up as a mass storage when checking under explorer and see a F: drive for the phone. Iam able to see the files in the phone and transfer if necessary. I then tried getting a new update.zip and rebooting to menu where u select apply sdcard update.zip same error of invalid signature. then tried cwmrecovery and rebooting ..no luck either. Then I found a link containing a file named stock.zip...but no luck either. So I decided to wipe and reset to start all over and when I did that and the phone started and I unlocked the screen I began getting endless forceclose. This is where I am now. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87