Please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

kateschuss

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I rooted my phone and deleted the bloatware on my samsung captivate. I only delete the apps i did not want, but i am not an experienced android hacker so i might have done something stupid. My issue is when i try to download an app in the market this message pops up.

"The process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. dumpstate_app_202012092328_android_process_media.log has been saved. Use *39900# to copy out log"

I have tried force closing the market but it does not work. un rooted my phone and it doesnt work. deleted the app that i used to delete the bloatware thinking it could be the app interfereing and that doesnt work either.

I am so sad and helpless. I would greatly appreciate any help you would be willing to provide.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I rooted my phone and deleted the bloatware on my samsung captivate. I only delete the apps i did not want, but i am not an experienced android hacker so i might have done something stupid. My issue is when i try to download an app in the market this message pops up.

"The process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. dumpstate_app_202012092328_android_process_media.log has been saved. Use *39900# to copy out log"

I have tried force closing the market but it does not work. un rooted my phone and it doesnt work. deleted the app that i used to delete the bloatware thinking it could be the app interfereing and that doesnt work either.

I am so sad and helpless. I would greatly appreciate any help you would be willing to provide.

Ok i think you may need a fresh ROM since i dont know for sure what file you deleted, you may need someone with more expeirence at finding the right rom than i am......

But for future reference. After you root, use root explorer and do not delete any .apk instead rename them to .bak that way you can just rename them when you need them and this will prevent you from losing any necessary files

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
My ears are burning - just saw this in the new posts.

I'm going to close this thread as kaschlus already has the same thread going in the Captivate forum.

OP - I'll help you in the Captivate forum. And in the future, please only post your thread in one section, thanks ;)

Reactions: DroidXcon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary