SMS backup and restore - is there a better alternative??

pawprints86

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I like that this app stores things locally. i just checked out sms backup+ but it will only backup to your google account.

Just today I went to continue a backup that I had in archive mode. it only saw 2, and i knew there were more new messages than 2.

So, just to see what would happen, i made a new file of the same 1 person with no messages having been deleted off the phone itself.

it turns out that this archive mode over time has missed over 200 messages. (I know this because of handcents message counter in brackets).

I was wondering how the program would work with deleting older messages off my phone, if it would still continue on where it left off. But now im not so sure... it cant even connect with a conversation that only had messages added, properly.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Press the menu key, then go to Preferences and set the backup folder to where you like. Or use MyPhoneExplorer - it'll back up contacts and messages (and lwet you edit contacts, add them, delete them - and other things.

pawprints86

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I dont think you properly read my question.

I know how to tell the program where to put the files.

its when im trying to use the SAME file in archive mode, with the same recipient to add to it, that it messes up and misses adding some new messages.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've tried SMS+ too and it gave me similar problems. It worked great for a time, but suddenly started only backing up sent messages and not received. Never could figure out why, the developer wasn't any help, and it only did it with certain contacts. I think it's just got a bug in it, and don't know if it'll ever be fixed.

pawprints86

May 10, 2013
Visit site
The only thing ive figured i could do is manually merge the new files into the old one on my computer. Seems a little anal though, but it would work. lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude