Can we move games to sd card and play?

Suresh Nichanametla

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Can we move games to sd card and play

Haiiii! Actually my phone internal memory is 4gb and usage for apps is 2gb. Sao i cant install more. If i buy the 16gb memory card and i will load many games. It will work ah!!!. My phones ram is 1gb and 1.3 ghz quad core processor

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can we move games to sd card and play

First, not all apps can be moved to the SD card. (If the developer knows it won't run from the card, he doesn't allow it to be moved.) Not all apps that can be moved will run from the card. (Not all "developers" are really developers, so they don't know to check this before releasing the app.)

Second, not all of an app gets moved to the card. At the very least, there's a link in internal storage to each piece of the app that's on the card, so if the app is written in many pieces, you don't save much storage space. (Android looks in internal storage, so if there's no link to the app on the card, there's no app.)

With 2GB of free internal storage, you can probably download quite a few games, but whether any of them will run from the card, or free up a lot of space by being moved, is something you'll have to try in order to find out.

Random_Matt

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site

Not all apps that can be moved will run from the card. (Not all "developers" are really developers, so they don't know to check this before releasing the app.)
So what does link2sd do then, or will some games not work with this app

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Link2SD does the same as all the other apps, it moves all the pieces of the app to the SD card and leaves a link for each piece. The same games that won't work with one app moving them won't wwork with another app moving them. The question is whether the app will work, not which app moved it. If it won't run from the card (like a widget - widgets don';t run from the SD card) no app can make it work from the card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey