How do I make and receive calls on my tablet (Samsung Galaxy 8.4 inch tablet)?

difranco90

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Make and receive calls on my tablet - samsung galaxy 8.4 inch tablet

I do a lot of driving about once a week and have enjoyed mounting the tablet, running wifi off my phone and being able to have a nice google map plus run a routing app I downloaded.

It occurred to me that it would be convenient and safer if my calls (from my own phone) could be forwarded to my tablet and if I could use the speaker in the tablet to talk on the phone.

I searched some apps, but found none with that functionality. Plenty have the ability to forward text messages which is fine. I found only one that allows conversation through the tablet, but it requires a bluetooth device. Of course then you may as well just pair the device to the cell phone.

I guess it would just be more convenient to do it all through the tablet when I'm driving. Anyone able to do this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Make and receive calls on my tablet - samsung galaxy 8.4 inch tablet

About the only ways the phone has to handle phone calls is with Bluetooth or the earphone jack. You could probably wire up a cable to do a sort of audio null modem, and write an app to use the tablet's internal mike and speaker to communicate with it, but other than that, or a Bluetooth device performing the same function, there's no other channel the phone can use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae