LG Volt system update VZ5 jan 2015

walterg1

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Well I got a system update on my LG Volt. VZ5.
It was approx 231 mb.
I have no idea what it was.
No new features added. So it wasnt the G3 rolldown update.

Anyway probably just a side effect but my Volt is faster again.

So anyone know exactly what this update was?

BlvckOnBlvck

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Well I got a system update on my LG Volt. VZ5.
It was approx 231 mb.
I have no idea what it was.
No new features added. So it wasnt the G3 rolldown update.

Anyway probably just a side effect but my Volt is faster again.

So anyone know exactly what this update was?

No idea what the update was but it keep getting kicked off my WiFi even though it's on. This would never happen before the update.

Jeff Snyder

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Mine just updated today. No apparent changes. Checked LG's website. They still list v4 as the lastest, so no notes from them... I hope this addresses an annoying battery drain I have been having lately and fixes the horrible camera issues.

Boston BB

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I got the update yesterday.. could'nt find what the changes where. Called Boost who told me there was no such update that they were aware of, however, when I said was going to do a factory reset and block OTAs I was put on hold and then informed that supposedly select Volts were flagged for upgrades and updates....but no,they couldn't tell me what, why, when(thanks for nothing on that help Boost). I am beginning to get weirded out about it...seems strange that neither LG nor Boost know about it. Just glad I'm not the only one...was fearing some BIG hack file....

Last edited:

walterg1

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Guys,
Their is also an update for Voice Mate. I got the notification yesterday.
Apparently the recent Google update caused Voice Mate to malfunction.
I installed the Voice Mate update and it fixed the problem.
So keep an eye out for the update if you haven't got it yet.

Boston BB

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Everything updated actually voicemate came with two other updates as well. However my phonenow has two options that it's using for data...LTE or 3G. For some reason it won't run 4G anymore. System refreshing didn't do anything. Boost was as helpful as ever. ?????? Any ideas on a solution to this problem (short of resetting phone)would be appreciated. However I'm backed up and about to do the reset...??????

Boston BB

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Sorry..not great at posting...for some reason phone is also doing everything in duplicate with txts and posts now as well..

Last edited:

walterg1

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Everything updated actually voicemate came with two other updates as well. However my phonenow has two options that it's using for data...LTE or 3G. For some reason it won't run 4G anymore. System refreshing didn't do anything. Boost was as helpful as ever. 😝 Any ideas on a solution to this problem (short of resetting phone)would be appreciated. However I'm backed up and about to do the reset...😞

Sorry cant help you. My phone has only got either 3g or LTE sense I've bought it. No 4g. Mine is on Virgin Mobile.

I'm in a rural area. We either get 3g which runs 1.2 - 2 mps,
Or LTE which runs 6 - 12 mps.

They actually just recently updated the towers around this area.
I was getting 3g 95 percent of the time.
Now I'm getting pretty constant LTE coverage at home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781