1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Cool Screen fast enough to play drums?

On my old iphone 3G and on my wife's new iphone 4G I could download a drum application and play some real time drums, nice and snappy. However, no drum app plays well on my Nexus One; as I understand it the machine just has a poor screen for that sort of thing.

Just wondering, is it possible to get an Android phone that is as good or better than an iPhone to play a real time drum or percussion app?

ROM
    standard

I do pretty good with the Optimus S.

ROM
    Stock

could look into the Samsung Epic or somthing with a super AMOLED screen. I would think it also has something to do with the processing speed of the cpu...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Thanks guys, but I think it's only helpful to hear from people who know the specs of the screen hardware that relate to tapping OR who have had both types of phone. My old iPhone 3G had a much slower processor than my current Nexus One, and yet real time music playing apps are **** on the Nexus One in comparison.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Well the nexus uses an older screen digitizer i believe, so you may want to pick up a galaxy S phone, or something newer.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

@igosanevo4g: of course, but the question is, "is it possible to get an Android phone that is as good or better than an iPhone to play a real time drum or percussion app?".

It's not really helpful to say it MIGHT be better, or even it's PROBABLY better, you see what I mean? That doesn't answer my question.

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

It seems to work fine on my Aria.