Is there a spreadsheet app that will allow me to check off boxes instead of typing in?

asansing

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Looking for a spreadsheet app that will allow me to check off boxes instead of typing in.

I'm a high school teacher who checks homework everyday. I currently use a paper spreadsheet and physically check off boxes as I walk around the classroom. I'm trying to go digital, and would like to do this with my tablet. The only problem is that all the spreadsheet apps I've tried open the keyboard and want you to type something in. I just want to quickly check off the box next to the student's name. It has to be a quick process, otherwise it takes up too much class time. Any suggestions of an app that would let me do this? Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Looking for a spreadsheet app that will allow me to check off boxes instead of typing in.

If I were doing it I'd use a database with a Boolean field for the checkoff. (No suggestion for a particular app, though - I do things like that on a PC [or a laptop, maybe, in your case] in Access or in something I'd write, depending on whether Access could be made to do it easily.)

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Looking for a spreadsheet app that will allow me to check off boxes instead of typing in.

I would make a bullet list in Keep or Evernote, make a new copy every day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12