How do I backup MMS 1) as individual conversation files, and 2) with inline images?

m3orange

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
How to backup MMS 1) as individual conversation files, and 2) with inline images.

Hello. I'm a seasoned tech addict, and recently I have been doing VERY extensive research as to how to best backup my Galaxy S4. I've found many useful apps that, when used together, fulfill my backup needs.

However, there's one thing I haven't been able to do with the 10+ apps I've found. I need to be able to back up MMS messages as I was able to do so when I had an iPhone and used iMazing (they don't have an Android version). That is, to backup my texts 1) by conversations and 2) with inline images. The best way to explain what I need to do, is by looking at this screenshot of one iMazing MMS backup:

m3orange.com/z_temp/mms-backup-needs.jpg

So details of what how I need to be able to my MMS's:

1) In individual files (preferably in PDFs or Rich Text), by conversation. What I mean is one PDF that has all my conversations with ONE person. Many programs backup texts by date (i.e. all the texts sent/received on one day), or will export XML files where conversations are not threaded by contact/person.

2) With inline images. Since I text a lot for work, and images are being exchanged, I need for these conversation backups to include (inline) the images within the text conversation. Most apps I have found go as far as saving emoticons (useless), but do not insert the images within the threads.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Mitch

JustOnlyJan

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi, Mitch,

I signed up for an Android Central account, just so I can follow this thread. I don't have a great solution, but I need one, badly. After two and a half weeks, using Samsung's Smart Switch, AT&T's sync software, and a host of paid and free apps to back-up 38,000+ sms and mms messages. They're not for work, but represent "letter style" correspondence from my extensive travels. It's what I do, in lieu of a journal. When I write my memoirs, I'm going to need them all, to verify where I was and what I was doing!

Currently, I'm using Mighty Text. It's the only thing that's come close to doing what I need. Unfortunately, it's backing up all the data over wifi and it's taking much longer than I think that it should. Of course, I'm coming to this conversation with absolutely no technical skills, so what do I know? I'll tell you what I know. AT&T's insurance company, Asurion, is about to charge me $800.00 for not returning the broken phone in a timely way. I don't have $800.00 and I'm really frustrated.

I hope to find a great solution to back-up my messages incrementally, but to also get the old ones off of the dozen phones that I have in a box.

Thank you for your query, I'm waiting for answers from the Android Community,

Jan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34