New SD card in phone?

porthos7

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased a SanDisk Extreme Plus 32GB Micro card, and was wondering if anyone could tell me what to do after I have put it into the phone. I want to transfer pics/video from my phone to the disk, and then to my computer - I have a MacBook Pro if that is an issue on the other end. Thanks in advance!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It's easier to transfer pics/videos to the card if you put it in directly to your laptop. Then when it's done, put it back :)

Hovatek

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
just open the phone storage > select the file(s) > long press and select copy > go to SD card > paste > connect phone to PC via usb > mount storage from phone > sd pops up on PC > voila

porthos7

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Hate to ask this, but when I go to phone storage there is nothing showing that I can long press. It just shows pics/vid 4g... is there somewhere else I should look for this? Also - So i will not have to get a sd reader? since I will be using a usb?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hate to ask this, but when I go to phone storage there is nothing showing that I can long press. It just shows pics/vid 4g... is there somewhere else I should look for this? Also - So i will not have to get a sd reader? since I will be using a usb?
You need a file manager to do what the above poster said. That's where you look for the files and long press them to transfer.
Something like ES File Explorer is good :)

porthos7

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all of the above help... so - did as was instructed, no problem. But.... Pics are obviously gone from the gallery after taking the sd card out (unmounting of course) but everything I try to plug the sd card into, says there is nothing on the card. Put it back in the phone - pics are there. I am totally lost. Just wanted some easy way to take a card out of the phone with pics and plug it into the mac and vice-versa! What am i missing?