Having Issues with quality and size of pictures when uploading to Photobucket

EvoSickness

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I uploaded a couple of pics I had taken with my Evo on Androidforums and when I did I notice everyones pics in the thread were allot bigger than my pics. I than asked them what was going on. I had the 5.3 widescreen turned on and they told me to take it off. I did and tried taking new pics and seeing the results. The pictures did come out a a bit bigger but when I tried resizing them in photobucket the quality would be effected which makes no sense since 8m is goog enough to make a huge poster whith amazing quality.

There was also people with much bigger pics than the ones I had resized and made as big as photobucket let me and they were perfect high quality while mine which were smaller were loosing quality.
I want to know what the hell is going cuz this is making really angry and tried to find a solution all day yesturday whith absolutley nothing.

Here is the link to the page with the pics my post are all the way at the bottum with Mustang Cobra pictures
Are you kidding me? This is the camera quality?! - Page 15 - Android Forums

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried changing the resolution?

hit the arrow on the left of the camer, then hit the gear, then go to resolution;and crank it up as high as you can and try again

i have the samsung fascinate and the highest i can go is 2560X1920 which gives you 5mega pixels.

EvoSickness

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried changing the resolution?

hit the arrow on the left of the camer, then hit the gear, then go to resolution;and crank it up as high as you can and try again

i have the samsung fascinate and the highest i can go is 2560X1920 which gives you 5mega pixels.

Yes all the setting are up on the Camera quality and 8mp its just doesnt make sense.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

EvoSickness

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
all i can tell you is to get in a well lit room, white balance and if you are really getting poor quality photos go to your nearest sprint store and tell them you want a phone that does not have a defective camera.

here are a couple articles on improving phone pictures:

Improving your Cell Phone Pictures

12 Tips for Improving Camera Phone Photos

Tkanks bro but its not the pictures they have amazing qaulity what Iam having problems with is the fact that when I upload them the size they are being uplaoded isnt as huge as some of the ones I have seen users post that what Iam trying to figure out. It has nothing to do with the camera.
here is my link with all the photos of mine and other and what Iam talking about.
Its on the buttom of the page
Show us what pictures/videos you've taken! - Page 5 - Android Forums

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok so what you are saying is that you
1.take the picture
2.place it on your computer
3.go to photo bucket
4.upload the photo

then the picture is tiny so you resize it and you lose quality, you copy the image code, and thats what it comes out looking like in the forum?

Did i miss a step or is there different steps you take?

EvoSickness

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok so what you are saying is that you
1.take the picture
2.place it on your computer
3.go to photo bucket
4.upload the photo

then the picture is tiny so you resize it and you lose quality, you copy the image code, and thats what it comes out looking like in the forum?

Did i miss a step or is there different steps you take?

No I take the picture than directly upload it from the photobucket app which is how people that have the the enlarged ones have been doing and what Iam not understanding.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I would try to remove your photobucket app and then try to download it again. If that doesn't help try clearing the data and cache in your photobucket app.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't use the Photobucket app but I'd start by looking at its settings since your source images aren't the reason for the smaller image size. A lot of apps like that actually do the resizing to save data usage and/or the time it takes to transfer.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I just checked all the setting in the photobucket app and it doesn't have anything that would effect the quality or size of an uploaded picture. I'm guessing that the problem is with your photobucket online account.

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm btinging this back cause @ some point photobucket decided to start compressing the crap out of my android screenshots. Anyome?