Can I Pin Contacts to Home Screen

dorelse

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok, moving back to Android from WP. I have my trusty HTC One (m7) up and running, and its been a smooth transition back.

One feature I am missing, and I can't figure it out, is if/how can I pin a contact to the homescreen? I'd like to have a 'family' folder so I can quickly pull them up and dial. (I realize I can use Speed Dial, but I'd prefer this method.)

Is that possible? Or is HTC Sense the reason I can figure it out?

TIA!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Long-press a blank spot. In the menu that comes up, choose (this is from memory - no working phone in the room at the moment) Shortcuts. There should be some "direct" choices - use Direct dial, Direct text, etc., to put an icon for that contact on the homepage. When you have them all, group them into a folder. (Add 911 as a contact and add it to the folder to make that faster too - just in case.)

dorelse

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, that got me close enough!

(I think this is specific to Sense? Long press on empty spot, tap 'Add apps and widgets', in the next menu, choose 'Shortcuts' (vs. widgets or apps), tap 'Person' , find person, tap on them, then for 'Select default action', 'View Contact'. It'll be pinned on the home screen.

You can then drag them into a folder, etc.

Thanks for the help Rukbat!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan