1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lost all calendar and gmail data

Hi. I'm at a loss as to how to get my calendar data and Gmail back on my phone. I'm using Google calendar and Gmail on my PC for the ease of synchronization with my HTC Desire they bring, but tonight, while trying to free up space in the phone "accidentally" (note to self: do *not* do this sort of thing when very tired) deleted all the data from the calendar and Gmail apps on my phone. Actually, the calendar is totally blank in spite of renewed efforts to refresh it via the refresh button in both the app and in the phone's settings; the Gmail app, on the other hand, shows messages from before my mistake but doesn't update anything. Does anyone know if there is any way of recovering usability in these apps? Please??? Thanks in advance!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

I would try deleting your gmail account and the try to add it back. Deleting the application data in your gmail and calendar shouldn't effect the apps it only removes the data.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the answer. It turns out that it's impossible to just delete a gmail account since it's necessary for the system (that's the message I got when I tried), but I restored the phone to its new state and just started over. It was not a difficult task either, surprisingly enough, since most of my data was backed up in one way or another, and all I had to do was reinstall my apps. Thanks again for responding!