How Delete Deleted Photos That Are Still On Phone?

TomBrooklyn

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S4
SGH-M919

1. How can I fully delete photos from my phone en mass? I know how to delete individual photos, but I want to delete hundreds of photos at once.

- I deleted over 500 photos from the phone that were under the folder DCIM/Camera, and those are gone. That freed up about 1GB of space. However, the same photos are still on my phone, so it seems there is a copy of them somewhere else.

- I deleted the photos via Windows Explorer after connecting the phone to my PC via a USB cable.

- I have been searching folders via Windows Explorer for the remaining copy, but have yet to find them.

- I have a very limited ability to navigate the folder structure and find files of any type on the phone itself. The phone has some kind of obscure folder structure.

- My phone's memory was almost full and I couldn't download any more apps. It was still taking photos and recording audio though. Now I can download apps--further confirmation that I made a significant deletion.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Restart the phone and see if they're still there. If you deleted the files in a file manager, Media Scan probably didn't trigger, so it still lists the pictures. (There are apps to rescan manually without restarting - search the Play Store for rescan.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1